As the COVID-19 Pandemic continues to worsen and cases continue to rise in Pennsylvania, Governor Wolf and Dr. Rachel Levine have issued orders, effective 12:01am on December 12, 2020, in an attempt to mitigate the spread of the disease. The new orders place many restrictions on businesses and force others to completely close down. These orders, which are identical in substance, can be found here and here and last until 8:00am on January 4, 2021. A list of key restrictions and closures from the orders can be found below:
- All indoor dining and alcohol sales are prohibited.
- All indoor gatherings of 10 or more people are prohibited. However, places of worship are exempt but are “strongly encouraged” to enforce social distancing.
- All outdoor events of 50 or more people are prohibited.
- Businesses serving the public within its building can only operate at 50% capacity.
- Indoor operations of gyms and fitness facilities are prohibited, but outdoor operations can continue.
- All in-person indoor entertainment businesses serving the public are prohibited from operating. This includes theatres, museums, and bowling allies, among others.
- All interscholastic athletic events are suspended.
- All professional and collegiate sports may continue, but no fans are permitted.
As always, the Business Group at Stock and Leader can help business owners navigate these orders along with any other legal needs. Contact a member of Stock and Leader’s Business Law team today: